ITNS is committed to the promotion of excellence in transplant clinical nursing through the provision of educational and professional growth opportunities, interdisciplinary networking and collaborative activities, and transplant nursing research.
- Provide a network for communication among professional nurses with a focus and commitment to transplantation.
- Provide a means of continuing education for professional nurses with a focus in transplant nursing.
- Examine new trends in transplantation affecting patient care and the role of the transplant nurse.
- Promote and support research in transplant nursing.
- Distribute the results of scientific investigations among professionals interested in transplantation.
- Foster an awareness of ongoing ethical considerations in procurement, donation, and recipient awareness.
- Ensure the accomplishment of the proper and lawful purposes and objectives of the Society.